März 09, 2017

Drawback of being left-handed

The today's society is right-handed. However some people are left-handed, they are a minority. Statistics say that only around 10 per cent of the population rather do things with left than with right.
I'm left-handed and a girl. It sound weird but I only know other left-hander, they are male. So my question: Is there anybody behind the screen which is one either?
Sometimes I feel like an interloper. This world is for right-hander. Actually I'm proud to be part of a minority, the left-handers. Nevertheless I have problems with standarts, the majority won't understand.

1. Drive a car in Germany. Since it isn't a left-hand friendly. Here is legal dealings. That says gear change is right. I have had my driver licence since August and admittadly my right hand confound the gears. Furthermore the hand break is right, every time I need my left hand supporting thight it. I think with left-handed traffic it would be a lot easier for me to drive a car.

2. I would like to by a camera. Nevertheless I'm not able to have the right eye open and the left closed. It's changed. Left open and right closed, I tried to learn the other option but failed. So that is the problem. In normal you hold cameras with right and look in with the right eye. I searched, there is no camera which you can hold with left! Bad Luck, for me. In the Internet it says we have no need for such cameras and the development costs are to high. Seriously? Right hander, you only have to mirror the things. Is it so difficult? You won't have more developement costs than with normal cameras.

3. Another Drawback is when you are in school. Some examples, every left-hander knows.

Drawing or writing with left could be smeared and your hand is colored.

The spiral bound is always left. You can't write than.

You always have to bring your own things. Especially siccors.

4. When you are anywhere where you have to sign something. Often the biro is fixed right on a twine and it's absolutely annoying when the twine is short for writing with that ballpointer with your left hand.

5. In times where smartphones are used every day we could think it doesn't matter with wich hand you apply it. That's wrong. A lot of phones have their grit on the left side, so when you use it with left the rate isn't that high than with right. Maybe one or another knows the onehand keyboard. I'm not allowed to use that. My phone have one only for right-handed People.

My one hand keyboard.

Do you know these problems, when you are a left-hander, either? I'm sure there are a lot more aspects which are differ the handness and have their drawback. Hope you enjoyed the persecution of a left-hander.





10 Kommentare:

  1. OH FOR REAL! I am right handed but wow have I never really thought about being left handed like this! Thank you for making me see differently.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Vanessa,
      Thanks for comment my post. It's often people who are right handed doesn't recodnice about what makes it different for left-hander.
      Love,Lea

      Löschen
  2. I'm right handed, but I have noticed how some things that are similar to what you have mentioned. Anyway, thank you for sharing these!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey,
      Tank you very much for this comment. You're welcome.

      Löschen
  3. Lea, I really found this interesting! I have a friend who is left handed...and a girl. She may be on the complete opposite side of the world than where you are...but you're not alone.

    The file binder and the phone was an interesting one! Did you know that several left-handed people die every year from using right-handed objects?

    Steph

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Steph,
      Thanks for interest and it's nice to hear from your friend.
      Oh, no I haven't known about the peril of left handed objects. Nevertheless, it makes sence. It's unusual and so accidents can happen easily. Thank you for the interesting information.
      Love,Lea

      Löschen
  4. this post was very interesting! I'm right handed, but I grew up with my sister, who is left handed and I had seen how hard was for she finding a pair of scissors that she could use properly... also my father and my boyfriend are left handed, and it's a bit weird because right hand people we don't use to thing that some people use the other hand...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Cícia,
      Thank you very much. Oh, I understand that pretty much. My problem with the scissors is the colour, two-colourd isn't that wonderful. But I found out that many house scissors are compatible with the left-handed user, either.
      Love,Lea

      Löschen
  5. really interesting write up.
    i am since beginning little envious with left handed people as i read that they use little more of brain

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey baili,
      It's no need to be envious. Science said a lot of things in the past, it's questionable if everything could be transferred to every left-handed person. When it's true I could be happy but I think the handness is a big mystery.
      Love,Lea

      Löschen