Dezember 06, 2016

The TRY: knitting for winter

Who doesn't love it knitted things of the grandmother no matter if socks, beanies or scarfs. We love handmade knitted things. 
a triple to large scarf and the compatible headband
A lot of humans have this typical picture of somebody who knits: A knitter should often be a old lady, maybe grandmother, the wools are on the ground and maybe there is a cat playing with that wool. 
It's a huge prejudice that only old woman can knitting great things and they are good in it. I won't say that I'm a good knitter but I love knitting in the winter time. Since last year's winter where I tried to knit because I wanted to save money. Today I know when you are knitting you don't really save a lot of money, because when you madde things by yourself you are looking a lot more for quality than when you buy something finished in a clothing store. 
It's ok that the price could be simular like them in stores nevertheless you definately have a better quality and this is worth a mint. I promise you self made knitted things are the best, no matter if from a friend or the grandmoter, mother. 
when you know the basics of knitting left and right stitches you have the best requirements, a little bit of exercise and it'll work. Bandanas are great for the beginning because you see early a result where you can be proud of. Somehow I like headbands more than hats, whereas I have more a headband face.
four out of five bandanas  
Learn knitting could be difficult at the beginning. Some weeks ago I tried to adduce two of my classmates knitting and they had their problems with it. The stitches wouldn't stay on the needels. For me it was quite funny to watch boys fighting with the knitting needels and stitches. Nevertheless they did their best and the attemp wasn't that bad. For me watching youtube videos about knitting helped a lot. So you can rummage the youtube stage or if you like that I show you some basics it would be great when you write me a message that I'll know that. 
In the interim for me knitting is the best occupation alongside watching TV, going by train or even in my school lessons. It sounds quite funny, I know, knitting in school, and I have to admit it is. A lot of classmates or teacher looking to you and grins, some students have already asked if I could make them something. My seatmate will sometimes be called from my teacher because he's watching the knitting thing on my desk. He says when I'm knitting it reassures him. In addition to that me either.  
What do you think it is great that young people like you and I like knitting or is it something for old ladies? What would been your reaction when you saw me knitting in a train or in school? 
In the following you can see my very first toque which I've began twice to knit, the first result was terrible. The toque is a little bit too big for my head but what of it? It's my first toque.
my very first toque




8 Kommentare:

  1. Yay! Another crafty person who isn't a cobwebby old lady - great post - Lily Lea xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Lily,
      Thank your very much. two young old ladies.
      Love,Lea

      Löschen
  2. Those are very creative and will come in handy this winter :)

    I wish you a most wonderful Christmas :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey,
      Thank you very much and I think so either. It's cold outside in Germany however no snowman adorns a garden.
      Love, Lea

      Löschen
  3. Those are amazing! I really love them! Have a great holidays! Oh and make sure to check your email soon there is some secret Santa related things going on!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Vanessa,
      Thank you very much! I'll checking my emails later this day but thank you for remembering .I'm a really forgetful person.
      Love,Lea

      Löschen
  4. Hi! I love knitting as well! I mainly made hats until this winter. But now I have a matching scarf and hat and its sooo cosy! I really enjoy knitting and love it when I complete it. I completely get the thing about how its not cheaper but its worth it! As I'm still in school, most of my friends do think its quite weird but I'm slowly changing their minds. It was great to read that somebody my age has the same interest in knitting!
    Best Wishes,
    Sachindri

    Happy New Year!)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey,
      That sounds great and hello young knitting friend. You're absolutely right its worth than every scarf in the shops. Moreover my happiness is growing about have one more person in my age which love knitting.
      It's already 2017 but I wish you also a happy new year. :)
      Love, Lea

      Löschen