Januar 15, 2017

Every point counts!

I've finished my first semester out of 4 senior semesters. I read that in the USA students from the 12th grade are called seniors but it's there the last grade before college or university. Here in Germany it's a little bit different, we have grammar schools (here called Gymnasium) they takes until grade 12 and 13. There is a big differencial between the single schools.Do you want to know more about the education system in Germany?

I already told you that I'm going to a vocational grammar school and why I've choose that school. Click here and read more about it.

Last year I was in year 11 and today's year 12 but my higher education entrance qualification will be in year 13. It's the graduation here in Germany which that you are able to study at University or college. Nevertheless I like to call these two years 12 and 13 senior year, because they are important for my graduation.

Last year we've got marks between the numbers 1 and 6. One was the best and six the worth. This year the grading changed a lot. In every test you are writing you can reach 15 points if you are good enough. The skale is between 0 and 15, the more points the merrior.

Hence the points will be count for every single subject and divided by the number of test. The result is than your subject points in this semester. However sometimes your points you reached in a test can change your whole points a lot.
I was really good in sports until the last performance where I only reached 5 points, so sports fall down to 9 points although I've had another performance with 15 points.

All your points from every semester will be count. That will be one part of your graduation grade. You can reach in every semester 150 points, so all in all for this part 600 points. The other 300 points you can reach with writing 5 exams.
It's really importat to reach points because one point can decide about everything. One point less than 5 means that you failed when you have more fails than liced, you won't have the graduation.

In this semester I reached 87 points out of 150 and admintally I'm not pleased with that result. Hopefully I'll learn the next semester more than now.
Do you also have your grading in points and are you pleased with the semester result?

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Lea!
    It's been a while since I've been on your blog. It's good to be back!

    Good luck with your final year! I hope it's going well!
    What are your plans for university? Do you know what and where you would like to study further?

    All the best
    Steph

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi,
      Thank you very much for these good wishes. I don't know where I would like to study because in my eyes it s more important to find out what, first.
      Love, Lea

      Löschen